Former presidential candidate Yaku Pérez voted for himself during this second round of elections.
Pérez showed the cameras his vote, where it reads: “Yaku President, resistance.” This according to what was announced a few days ago where he indicated that he does not support either of the two candidates who are for the second round.
In addition, this action annuls their vote, in congruence with Pachakutik’s guidelines, exposed days before the elections.
Pérez voted in Tarqui, a rural parish in Cuenca, where he also accompanied his mother so she can vote.
Yaku Pérez: “Whoever wins I wish the best”
In his subsequent statements, he said that “he wishes the best to anyone who wins and that they must be given a chance.
In Tarqui, a rural parish in Cuenca, together with my mother Inés Guartamble Guiñansaca, we exercised the vote, in resistance to fraud.
We aspire that the new ruler listen and be sensitive to the emerging needs of our people. pic.twitter.com/oqW1Yb3aCJ
– By Pérez Guartambel (@yakuperezg) April 11, 2021
- Diana Atamaint: no quick count is performed because the processing of the minutes will be faster
- Prince Andrew reveals what Queen Elizabeth II said after Prince Philip’s death
- Luisa Fernanda W defends herself after criticism for publication in a bikini: “A photo does not define who I am”
- Cynthia Viteri’s look when fulfilling her vote generates reactions
- Yaku Pérez voted for himself and proved it with his ballot