Winter time has just started, and some people have already experienced changes in their mood, feeling less energetic and down.
Given this scenario, the specialist in sleep medicine at Clínica Indisa, Patricio Peirano, delivers some recommendations to face this season in a better way and with more vitality.
What can we do?
In winter, there are several factors that can affect the mood of people, since it is a time when the luminosity decreases, the temperature is colder and the activities are less.
The Indisa Clinic specialist points out that to face this time of year “The main thing is to maintain the schedules of sleep, food, physical activity, recreation and sports at home, as regular as possible ”.
In addition, it provides some tips to better cope with the time change:
- Maintain sleep schedules.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, tea, carbonated and energizing drinks and chocolate, especially in the hours before sleeping.
- Do exercises in the morning.
- Avoid eating abundantly at night. Ideally, no food is eaten in the two to three hours before bedtime.
- Hydrate properly during the day.
- Enjoy the brightest hours for outdoor activities