Government confirmed that will implement a curfew to limit nighttime circulationin a “uniform” way throughout Argentina. The measure that will be published in the Official Gazette and It will be in force from Friday, January 8, it will be in force between 23 and 6. The goal is to control the steep rise in coronavirus cases that were registered in the last days. This was announced by the Chief of Staff, Santiago Cafiero.
“There was agreement on the need to restrict circulation at night, the measures will be in place this afternoon, they are already defined, they are being drafted, “he said from the Malbrán Institute during a press conference in which he was accompanied by the Minister of Health of the Nation, Ginés González García.
Was the president Alberto Fernandez who brought the curfew proposal, as he described the epidemiological situation as “complicated” several times. To support your decision, the president gave as an example the “sanitary touches” implemented in European countries, to try to stop the advances of the second wave of the Covid-19.
A similar proposal had led them Axel Kicillof Tuesday to the mayors, before receiving the rejection of the communal heads of Pinamar, Martin Yeza, and Mar del Plata, Guillermo Montenegro, among others. “We are already in the second wave,” said the governor of Buenos Aires, in support of the presidential position and in accordance with the limitation to the movement of people to stop infections, which this Wednesday exceeded 13,000 throughout the country.
What would curfew be like
- Start: from Friday, January 8;
- Hours: between 23 and 6;
- Where it will be applied: throughout Argentina.
Complementary measures to the curfew
- Meetings: The national government seeks to limit the possibility of night outings with special concern for young people and to restrict 10 persons the maximum per meeting.
- Flights: expected further reduce travel abroad and demand a test PCR to those who come from another province. The control aims above all at limiting travel to destinations where there are the highest number of cases.
- Public transport: The objective of the Executive Branch is to once again limit the use of public transport and restrict it to essential workers, as in the beginning of the quarantine.
- Economy and summer: Casa Rosada will try to move forward with the new restrictions without affecting economic activity or thwarting the tourist movement during the summer season.