In order to help in the recovery of the people who suffered COVID-19 and had acute respiratory affectations, Teatro UNAM and the Study Center for the Use of Voice (CEUVOZ), have come together to bring the public free workshop Respira México.
The objective of Intensive auxiliary workshop in Post COVID-19 Pulmonary Rehabilitation, is that the participant knows how to do a series of exercises that allow him to practice the diaphragmatic-intercostal or deep breathing (that is, the natural breath with which every human being is born) at home.
In this way, they will cover “both the anatomy and physiology of respiration such as muscle strengthening weakened by immobility ”. They point out that it is important for post-COVID-19 patients to regain their lung capacity and strengthen the respiratory system.
When and where will the workshop take place?
The varsity team has organized four groups with a capacity of 20 people each. The dates and times are as follows:
– January 18-22, 2021, from Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., plus a maintenance session on February 15 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
– From January 25 to 29, 2021, from Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., plus a maintenance session on February 22 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
– From February 1 to 5, 2021, from Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., plus a maintenance session on March 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
– February 8-22, 2021, from Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., plus a maintenance session on March 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
All sessions will be through the Zoom videoconferencing platform, so it is a necessary requirement that those interested have an internet connection, computer or cell phone with a camera and download the application.
“Taking into account the physical state of the people who have suffered COVID-19, they will be given a series of specific exercises to rehabilitate your lungs. Based on the playful, imaginative and empathetic pedagogical principles with which the CEUVOZ specialist teachers guide the processes, the exercises will be tools that, carried out with discipline and resilience, can be practiced at home by those who suffered from the disease to go to the reunion with life, health and breath that this will provide them ”.
They point out that for the body part they will use the Feldenkrais Method or the Alexander Technique. The first allows the person to improve physical and mental functions through sequences of smooth and coordinated movements, which help develop the potential for self-recovery; the second is a body reeducation system that helps reduce the level of tension, eliminate unnecessary wear and tear and prevent injuries.
Finally, in the vocal technical part, they will use the vocal training factors of Fidel Monroy, among others.
Which are the requirements?
– Be Mexican or Mexican, as well as a foreigner living in Mexico.
– Official proof that the applicant has had the disease.
– The proof can be from a laboratory result, notifications by SMS, prescription or any other official form used in the different states to notify that COVID-19 was had.
– It is important that the voucher indicates the date and identifies the name of the person applying.
– It is important that at least a month has passed since the disease has been overcome.
– Letter of commitment with autograph or electronic signature where you agree to comply with all sessions in a timely manner.
– Official identification.
Meanwhile, to take the class, after being selected, only the internet connection is required to join the course through Zoom, as well as wearing comfortable clothes, having a bottle of water and answering an entry form.
How do I sign up?
Interested parties must send an e-mail [email protected], and write in the subject “Respira México”. In the body they must indicate their full name, age and which workshop they wish to join, (in relation to the dates) and attach the documents described in the requirements.
Within a period of no more than two days, the institution will confirm your participation in the workshop or if the space is already full. Once the participation is confirmed, they will send a form which is essential to be answered and sent by email, this will be the last step to be part of the workshop.
Map of the coronavirus in Mexico December 26: CDMX, Edomex, Gto and NL, on alert for the largest number of active cases
“Hospital personnel are not only those who wear white coats”: Zoé Robledo received second batch of vaccines against COVID-19
Coronavirus in CDMX: how to locate the health kiosk closest to your home to perform a rapid antigen test