They are easier to grow plants, since they require little care.
Aromatic plants are all those species of nature that have a light or intense aroma that turn out to be pleasant for the human nose.
The list of aromatic plant species is long and extensive. Generally, they are one of the easiest plants to grow, since they require little care and maintenance inside or outside the home.
Aromatic plants are perfect to have in any home. Not only are they decorative and with pleasant smells, they are also a way to always have fresh ingredients on hand to add more flavor to your meals.
Most people prefer to have aromatic plants near the kitchen or even in the living room of the house.
A useful recommendation, and if you want to have aromatic plants inside the home, you must first make sure you choose a suitable place where enough sunlight reaches them.
How to grow an aromatic plant
It does not really matter if you do not have a garden or a patio, aromatic plants can be grown on a terrace, in a vertical garden, on the balcony or inside the house itself.
Now, if you dare to plant aromatic inside your home you should follow these simple tips:
– Growing aromatic plants in pots is not complicated. The first thing you should do is make a good choice of the container or pot where you will grow the plant, that is essential.
– In general, aromatic plants are characterized by having a good growth when they are in the ideal conditions.
– The choice of the size of the pot should not be made lightly either. The biggest drawback of choosing a pot that is too small is that they usually prevent the proper drainage of the water.
– If it is a single season aromatic plants, you can opt for a pot between 10 and 15 centimeters deep. In the case of perennial herbs, it is always preferable to opt for pots with a capacity from three liters.
– In order to grow correctly and have their aromas, these plants require a light substrate, rich in nutrients and that, in addition, facilitates drainage.
Some basic care
As we explained previously, aromatic plants are low maintenance and require little care. We present some aspects that you should consider so that they grow without problem:
– The perfect fertilizer for aromatic plants is one that has universal substrate, compost and perlite. A trio of aces to promote nutrition, without losing the moisture of the earth.
– The location and light in aromatic plants is essential. To grow them properly, they require at least six hours of light per day.
– One of the essential cares for aromatic plants in pots but also in any other place where they are planted is their watering. In general, these plants require periodic watering.
– You must bear in mind that an excess of water can rot its roots and spoil the plant. And if it does not receive water as it should, the plant could spoil in record time.
– Finally, pruning potted aromatic plants is very important to help them grow. With pruning you can increase the volume of the plant and, therefore, its perfume.
The best aromatics
At present, many aromatic plants are used in the home and kitchen, due to their relationship with gastronomy.
We present you the most versatile aromatic plants:
This aromatic plant requires plenty of sun and grows well in all types of soils. In addition, it is resistant to drought.
It is a fairly resistant plant and can be harvested throughout the year. It can be grown from seeds.
This aromatic outdoor plant mainly needs plenty of sun. So it is recommended to place it near a window.
The basil plant requires plenty of constant sun and does not withstand frost, so it is perfect in spaces with large windows and inside the home.
This plant is one of the most aromatic that exists, it only needs a little water with a sprayer and immediately its aroma will invade the whole house.
Ideas to enjoy the best outdoor kitchen in the garden
Ideas and materials for a more ecological and sustainable house
Meet the striking and exotic Blue Clitoria, the plant of a thousand uses
We recommend you in video: