President Alberto Fernández promulgated this Sunday from Chapadmalal, in his first act of government of the new year, the brand new retirement mobility law. “There will be a state present that will never abandon them again,” he said during a ceremony in that seaside resort, accompanied by the Buenos Aires governor, Axel Kicillof, and the executive director of Anses, Fernanda Raverta.
At the beginning of his speech, the president celebrated the fact that the first decree of 2021 is dedicated to retirees and announced that this Monday it will be published in the Official Gazette. Fernández also highlighted that, from the beginning of his administration, the government made it clear that its priority would be “first last.”
The event was held a few meters from the sea, next to Hotel 5 of the Tourist Unit located 20 kilometers from Mar del Plata, after the President and officials toured the mobile offices of the Anses. “To say ‘first the last’ is to say we are going to deal first with those who are worse off and in December 2019 among those who were worse off were retirees, who came from having a drop in their real income of the order of 20 percent. one hundred, “recalled the President.
In that sense, he defined the previous retirement formula as something that “served at the time to get money from retirees and that later nobody could comply.” Fernández insisted that the reality of retirees “is a very present problem” for his management and, therefore, he had to give the passive class “the guarantee of the mobility of their income.”
“The truth is that we did not invent anything, we looked at recent history which was the best formula to update income, and we put that best formula back into force,” said the head of state, alluding to the new mechanism, which replicates the one used during the government of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. He warned that those who complain because the macrista formula was not maintained “are the same ones who made the real income of retirees fall by 20 percent.”
The law approved last week with 132 votes in the Chamber of Deputies replaces the retirement mobility sanctioned in the government of Mauricio Macri, which was in force from March 2018 to December 2019
The main points of law are the following:
– Retirements, pensions and family allowances will be updated every three months.
-The increases will be applied in March, June, September and December.
– An index will be applied that combines 50 percent of the evolution of the wages of the Indec and the RIPTE (Taxable Remuneration of Stable Workers) of Social Security and 50 percent of the tax collection of the Anses.
– In no case may the application of said index produce a decrease in the assets received by the beneficiary.
– The Anses will prepare and approve the quarterly mobility index and will make its subsequent publication.
– It is provided that the first update based on the mobility specified in the previous paragraph will be effective as of March 1, 2021.
– It is established that the mobility provided will be applicable to the benefits of the special regimes to which a specific increase is not applied.
– The Ministry of Labor is empowered to, jointly with the Ministry of Economy and the Anses, issue clarifying and complementary regulations.