The entry of cold front 24 and the Fourth Winter Storm, caused snowfalls since 10 p.m. last Tuesday in 30 municipalities of the entity, which caused the closure of road sections, vehicle rollovers and a marked drop in temperature.
The users of social networks took the opportunity to register and share the images of the snow fall and landscapes covered in white in their communities.
The interaction between both phenomena will favor an environment from icy to very cold in the mornings and gusts of wind that can reach 85 km / h, according to the forecast issued by the National Meteorological Service.
Given these conditions, the agency recommends avoiding driving or traveling on slippery roads due to the probable presence of snow, sleet or freezing of streets as well as taking extreme precautions when traveling on highways, rural roads, fords and bridges.
Every morning in your email: subscribe to the Infobae Mexico newsletter
For Thursday, an environment is expected from icy to very cold in the morning and from cold to cool in the afternoon, mostly clear skies, wind from 5 to 20 km / h, with gusts that can exceed 45 km / h in the regions northwest and west.
The expected temperatures for this Thursday are (° C max / min): Chihuahua 11 / -3, Juárez 10 / -5, Janos 12 / -8, Wood 7 / -9, Temosachic 8/-10, Cuauhtémoc 9 / -7, Ojinaga 12 / -1, Delicias 12 / -3, Camargo 11 / -4, Jiménez 10 / -6, Parral 9 / -5, El Vergel 4 / -9.
Given the forecast of the presence of the fourth winter storm in the state, the State Coordination of Civil Protection (CEPC) calls on the population to know people in a situation of calleo families who need the support to spend the night in one of the 409 temporary shelters enabled.
Because starting this Tuesday night there will be a marked drop in temperatures in most of the state, so the population is urged to take due precautions against weather changes.
Given this, the state agency issues a list of shelters distributed throughout the state for people or families who require a temporary shelter to go to shelter from low temperatures and falling rainfall.
In order to safeguard the population, Civil Protection makes available the Directory of Temporary Shelters with the ulocation of the hostels in the following league: http://www.cambio.gob.mx/IMG/pdf/chihuahua_refugios_temporales_por_temporada_invernal_2020-2021_2_1_.pdf
Faced with this emergency, the state and municipal authorities are in coordination to attend to the contingencies that arise during the displacement of the winter storm, with a total of 409 shelters distributed in the entity.
The head of the CEPC, Ana Gómez Licón, said that the shelters in the state capital are located in the Centro Comunitario Tricentenario, located at Calle Celia Andazola No. 14701, between Lat. Fedor Dostoevski and Lemni Romo, Col. Chihuahua 2000, as well as in the Mármol III Community Center, located at 8400 Eusebio Castillo Street, between Nueva España and Misión de Santa Bárbara; places where food and a hot drink are offered.
The State Coordination of Civil Protection informs the update of the closed road sections Due to crystallization and intense snow fall, the population is asked to take their proper precautions, stay at home and in case of any emergency call 9-1-1.
– Closed the highway from Chihuahua to Ciudad Juárez, from km 216 to 155, section Sueco – Villa Ahumada
– Closed in Cuauhtémoc from the Cuauhtémoc collection booth
– Closed the Commercial Corridor from Cuauhtémoc to Alvaro Obregón
– The East Bypass in Chihuahua closed.
– Carr. Cuauhtémoc closed to Hermosillo, from km 105 to 160, and from 245 to 265. Including La Junta, Tomochi, Basaseachi and Yepachi.
– Cerrado Guerrero to Cuauhtemoc, Malpaso section
– Closed of Buenaventura and Ignacio Zaragoza, including the stretch of the emes
– Closed from Buenaventura to Flores Magón, including the Servín slope
– Closed from San Lorenzo in Buenaventura to Namiquipa
– Closed from La Quemada to Campo 101 in the municipality of Namiquipa
– Closed from Namiquipa at km 60 of the Chihuahua – Juarez Highway
– Closed from Namiquipa to Las Cruces
– Closed from Ruiz Cortinez in Namiquipa to Matachic
– Closed in Madera from km 55 to km 45 of the road from Madera to Ejido el Largo
– Closed from Namiquipa to Cuesta del Toro
– Closed The section from Creel to Guachochi
– Closed in Guachochi, Guachochi to Parral road, near Metatitos
– Closed from El Vergel to Guadalupe and Calvo
– Closed in Cusihuiriachi, section from El Mimbre to Cusihuiriachi
– Closed section of Temósachic – Wood
– Opened in Práxedis G. Guerrero section from Colonia Esperanza to El Porvenir. It was between 13:20 to 15:45
– Open The junction from El Porvenir to Forth Hancock was closed for half an hour from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
– Open from 16:30 from San Andrés to General Trías in Riva Palacio
– Open from 16:30 from San Andrés to Colonia Anáhuac in Riva Palacio
– Open The section in Ocampo from Huevachi to San Juanito
– Open from Buenaventura to Galeana
– Open from Galeana to Nuevo Casas Grandes
– Open from Flores Magón to Nuevo Casas Grandes
– Open from San Juanito to La Junta, Machinery cleaning section in El Nogal to keep it open
– Open from Janos to Puerto San Luis, without rainfall
– Open from Chihuahua to Ojinaga, both freeway and highway
CDMX: which are the areas affected by the strong winds of the early morning
Night of intense winds in Mexico: gusts of up to 50 km woke up citizens in the early morning
Showers and snow: the weather forecast in Mexico to end 2020
Cold Front Number 24 and Fourth Winter Storm alert: sub-zero temperatures are expected in 11 states of the country