The national government responded to the letter in which the Head of Government of the City of Buenos Aires, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, rejected the call to a meeting to agree on the funds of the Buenos Aires Police, and again invited him to a meeting scheduled for this Monday, at 3 p.m.
“We reiterate the invitation to a dialogue in good faith, on the basis of respect for the institutions, and we once again call the Head of Government to a preliminary meeting to be held on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. in the Hall of the Shields “, indicates the letter that was sent by the Ministers of Interior and Economy, Ed“Wado” by Pedro and Martin Guzman respectively. And add as alternative dates “On January 6, 7 or 8 of the current year at the same time and location.”
“We understand that there is no higher standard of legality and institutionality than to convene a formal meeting within the framework of a law that has not only been debated and sanctioned as required by the National Constitution, but also adjusts the transfer process to the requirements of the latter. establishes in its article 75 subsection 2nd fifth paragraph, differentiating the resources that correspond to the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires for said concept from those provided for in article 8 of Law No. 23,548, position that was supported by the governors of the TWENTY-THREE (23) provinces at the time of signing the Fiscal Consensus, on December 4, 2020 ″, they indicated in the note.
In that sense, they also noted that “without prejudice to ignoring as false the arguments made by the Government of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires in the reference letter, those who sign on behalf of the Ministries of Economy and the Interior of the Nation ratify the will of the national government to work together with all the country’s provinces and the City of Buenos Aires on the basis of dialogue and responsibility ”.
Yesterday Rodríguez Larreta announced that under no point of view will withdraw the complaint due to unconstitutionality that he presented last Monday before the Supreme Court against law 27,606, that the removes 1.18% of the money it receives from the national state from the Buenos Aires administration, that will go from 3.5% of co-participation, to 2.32%. The law approved in Congress by the Frente de Todos and its allies establishes that, due to the transfer of the Federal Police to the City of Buenos Aires, the Buenos Aires administration will receive annually $ 24,500 million, in 12 monthly installments.
The complaint filed by Rodríguez Larreta, to which he had access Infobae, mainly states that the law promoted by the government of Alberto Fernández It is unconstitutional because it “violates the conventional or concerted character” which should govern both the transfer of powers and security functions, as well as the co-participation coefficient that corresponds to this City.
As they point out, both issues “had already been settled and consented previously” and, therefore, the new law “affects acquired rights of the City of Buenos Aires.”
While, the block of the Frente de Todos in the Legislature Buenos Aires qualified as “inexplicable” the position of the Buenos Aires head of government to reject the call of the national government to agree on the amount that the district will have this year to finance the Metropolitan Police.
“The Head of Government insists on transforming a strictly institutional issue – definitively order the framework of the transfer of the Federal Police carried out in 2016 in a defective way by Mauricio Macri- into a political conflict”said the opposition group in a document published this Sunday.
Rodríguez Larreta communicated on Saturday in a letter his decision not to attend the meeting called by the National Executive to begin dealing with the transfer of the police to the capital district, noting that he raised before the Supreme Court “the unconstitutionality” of the sanctioned rule by Congress.
The Buenos Aires bloc of the Frente de Todos expressed “His deepest concern, in the face of the inexplicable rejection made by the Porteño Executive to the call for dialogue carried out by the National Executive Power, within the framework of Law 27,606.”
They also added that this decision by Rodríguez Larreta “prevents us from Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires to reach a permanent agreement with the force of law, which defines the budgetary items corresponding to said transfer, in accordance with the provisions of Article 75, paragraph 2, paragraph 5 of the Constitution. National”.
In the statement they indicated that “there is no valid basis for the rejection of the dialogue, the judicialization carried out by the City Government, since -in no way- there has been a condition for said call, nor does it imply any waiver of the judicial action” .
In that sense, they specified: “We urge the authorities to comply with an Act of Congress that seeks, neither more nor less, than to give legal certainty in the future, to an issue that the previous Government resolved by decree and without any serious analysis in terms of budget items. ”.
“The rejection of dialogue is never an option, even less when it comes to, neither more nor less, than to reach an agreement on numbers that are on the table and that only have to be analyzed,” they maintained, while in the end they asked to Rodríguez Larreta to “review this incomprehensible decision and return to the path of rationality and democratic dialogue.”
I kept reading
All the details of the lawsuit filed by Rodríguez Larreta for the withdrawal of funds from the co-participation
The Government will appeal to the toughest recipes of Kirchnerism to curb inflation in 2021