Rattlesnake bites child while playing in Czech Republic

Unusual incident in the Czech Republic: an eight-year-old was bitten in the foot by a snake while playing. It is said to be a rattlesnake.

An eight-year-old girl was bitten by a large venomous snake while playing in the garden of a terraced house in the Czech Republic. According to experts, it was likely a rattlesnake, the mayor of Jenstejn near Prague announced on Saturday. The child is being treated in the hospital and is out of danger to life.

The girl had been playing with neighborhood children when she was bitten in the foot by the snake through the shoe. The police and fire brigade searched unsuccessfully for the reptile for hours. It could have hidden in a warm house, they said. The police are looking for the owner of the escaped animal and are investigating suspected negligent bodily harm.

Leave a Comment