New Year’s tragedy in Sinaloa: a woman and her two daughters were burned to death

When the firefighters came it was too late (Photo: Facebook / Firefighters Mochis)
When the firefighters came it was too late (Photo: Facebook / Firefighters Mochis)

It had been just over an hour into the new year when the quiet in Topolobampo, Sinaloa, was altered with the the burning of four houses and the death of a woman with two of her daughters, one of them just 12 years old, who were trapped in the flames and burned.

The Mochis firefighters, belonging to the municipality of Ahome, received the report between 01:30 and 01:50 hours on January 1, 2021, but when he arrived at the Topolobampo receivership it was too late. In the Infonavit La Curva sector house only large flames were visible.

Because the humble houses were built of cardboard, wood and rock, the fire burned quickly. Allegedly, a candle or a campfire would have triggered the tragedy.

According to the report, Neighbors were desperate and attacked the firefighters to put out the flames immediately and rescue Iris Elisa “N”, 47 years old, their daughters Iris, of legal age, as well as the small Daniela 12.

Presumably some candles would have triggered a tragedy (Photo: Facebook / Manuel Guillermo Chapman Moreno)
Presumably some candles would have triggered a tragedy (Photo: Facebook / Manuel Guillermo Chapman Moreno)

The fire spread to three other houses and people lost all their material assets. From the shared images it is observed that only ashes remained, charred structures and the smoke from the incident.

Some versions reported that an unidentified man was treated by paramedics and taken to a hospital in Mochis.

After the fire was put out, the lifeless remains of the three women were located and the Prosecutor’s Office was notified for the legal proceedings, as well as the transfer to the funeral home.

Manuel Guillermo Chapman Moreno, mayor of Ahome, visited the port of Topolobampo during the afternoon to offer support to affected families.

“I went with my team and I pledged to support the affected families who lost everything in this fire and will be taken care of immediately all their needs, ”the politician reported on his social networks.

The mayor promised help to the affected neighbors and ordered to give them blankets as well as mattresses (Photo: Fcebook / Manuel Guillermo Chapman Moreno)
The mayor promised help to the affected neighbors and ordered to give them blankets as well as mattresses (Photo: Fcebook / Manuel Guillermo Chapman Moreno)

Both the acceleration of procedures to replace lost documents as the provision of mattresses and blankets they were compromised actions for now.

Together with Chapman Moreno, the secretary of the City Council, the director of Municipal Health, the director of Social Development, the municipal coordinator of Civil Protection, and the Topolobampo trustee attended. Instructions were issued to these officials to serve the citizens.

However, nothing was reported on support for funeral expenses, according to the local press. So it is unknown who will be in charge of firing the three women if their neighbors also lost what little they had.

On the other hand, in Mazatlán there was knowledge of a fire caused by electrical wiring in the Los Olivos subdivisionresulting an intoxicated person.

The houses were built of cardboard and sheet rock, so the fire spread faster (Photo: Facebook / Bomberos Mochis)
The houses were built of cardboard and sheet rock, so the fire spread faster (Photo: Facebook / Bomberos Mochis)

Further, the burning of rockets caused the fire in shops in the Rincón de Urías neighborhood, without any injuries. While in Navolato some bales were also burned due to rockets.

Around 03:00 on the new year he was informed of the fire in a trailer box on Avenida Luis Donaldo Colosio in Mazatlán. Possibly due to the use of fireworks. The platform served as storage of cleaning products, gas tanks and furniture. Despite the work, the unit was completely consumed.

Another mishap was reported in a tire warehouse, during the same morning of this first of January. It was in the Ejido Constancia de El Fuerte that the Mochis firefighters they mobilized to control the flames. There were no injuries either, except for material losses.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Firefighters managed to control a fire near a gas station in Valle de Chalco

Fire in Iztaccíhuatl: authorities stopped the fire but did not put it out, it will continue in the morning

Forest fire in Nuevo León has already consumed more than 6 hectares and has not been controlled

Leave a Comment