Good morning, dear readers,
Today is not only a start to the new week, but also a day dedicated to equality and women’s rights: Today is International Women’s Day – a public holiday in the state of Berlin since 2019! Should it be a national holiday? You can vote on this below.
Otherwise, this is what concerns us today:
- With numerous digital events will the International Women’s Day in Germany politically committed. Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his wife Elke Büdenbender will be discussing with several experts under the heading “Digitization is female” from 11 a.m. Political parties and associations also invite nationwide digital events.
- In most federal states today, individual Rules to contain the corona pandemic relaxed. In addition, there is now at least one free quick test paid by the federal government for all citizens every week. Current information on the pandemic in the Corona ticker.
- Almost ten months after violent death of African American George Floyd the trial of white ex-police officer Derek Chauvin begins today (8 a.m. local time; 3 p.m. CET) in Minneapolis.
- In the afternoon, the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) in Karlsruhe announced its first judgment on Liability of the VW subsidiary Audi in the diesel scandal.
- Of the HSV wants his black series against Holstein Kiel Finish in the 2nd Bundesliga and advance to the second direct promotion place – more on this in the Sports Day.
I will accompany you through the world of news in the first half of the day. My name is Johanna Ohlau. Do you have any criticism, praise or advice? If you want to write to me, please do so via Twitter or by email to johanna.ohlau[at]nachrichtenmanufaktur.de. Have a good start to the week!