Negotiations for Mike Tyson to fight Evander Holyfield fell apart and now faces will be seen again in the ring against Lennox Lewis
The legendary former champion Mike ‘Iron’ Tyson he will see the faces again in the ring with his perpetrator Lennox Lewis in September, or at least that was what he revealed in a brief exchange with the TMZ portal regarding his future within the ensogado after taking down his gloves in November of last year against the multi-champion Roy Jones.
Tyson said he was going to fight at the end of May, but it seems that the negotiations he had to do it for the third time with Evander Holyfield fell apart. and now ‘The Real Deal’ will return to the ensogado on June 5 against Kevin McBride in the endorsement of Teofimo López and George Kambosos.
“I’m going to fight Lennox Lewis”, Said briefly the one recognized in his best moment as the ‘Most Bad Man on the Planet’. “September,” he added about the date of his next fight without giving further details about it.
Hall of Famer Lewis posted a professional record of 41-2-1 and 32 knockouts. He hasn’t fought in almost 18 years, when he scored a victory over Vitali Klitschko by TKO in six episodes. Prior to that, in 2002, he beat Mike Tyson in eight innings to retain the World Boxing Council and International Heavy Boxing Federation championships.
During the promotion of that fight, which ended up taking place in Memphis, Tyson and Lewis had an altercation in the opening conference. to define the lawsuit in April in Las Vegas. In that fight they pocketed about $ 20 million each.
Tyson returned to the ring last November after a long hiatus with a two-minute eight-round fight against Roy Jones, turning into a true event that had successful pay-per-view numbers, triggering many fighters to consider making their move. I return to the ring awaiting the same success.