The Mercedes CLS 2021 debuts as an update of the third generation of the four-door coupe that saw the light in 2017. It is a very light update of the Mercedes that retouches the exterior image of the model and adds new options for the interior, but it does not beyond.
TEST: Mercedes CLS 350d 4MATIC
Visual novelties include the grille, chrome trim on both bumpers, rear diffuser with a gloss black finish, and Spectral Blue Metallic body color. In addition, depending on the chosen exterior package (Avantgrade or AMG Line), specific details are added such as, for example, the design and finish of the wheels (19-inch in the first case and 20 in the second).
Inside, a similar line is followed, preserving the known configuration (in which the MBUX system with 10.25 or 12.3-inch screens), but adding new finishing options. Thus, the center console can sport bright gray or brown open-pore wood trim, while the upholstery incorporates two new two-tone alternatives. In addition, the branding department can respond to the requests of each client.
An outstanding element is that the steering wheel can optionally incorporate a two-zone sensor that detects if the user has their hands where they belong. It is used to avoid launching erroneous notifications while the CLS 2021 Drive in semi-autonomous mode if you have the Driving Assistance Package (distance maintenance + turn assist) equipped.
The offer of engines of the Mercedes CLS 2021 does not present any novelty:
- CLS 220d: 194 hp, 400 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 7.5 seconds, 237 km / h top speed
- CLS 300d: 265 hp, 550 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 6.4 seconds, 250 km / h top speed
- CLS 350: 299 hp, 400 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 6.1 seconds, 250 km / h top speed
- CLS 400d 4MATIC: 330 hp, 700 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 5.2 seconds, 250 km / h top speed
- CLS 450 4MATIC: 367 hp, 500 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 4.8 seconds, 250 km / h top speed
- CLS AMG 53 4MATIC+: 435 hp, 520 Nm, 0 – 100 km / h in 4.5 seconds, 250 km / h top speed