Prague – In the Czech Republic, an eight-year-old girl was bitten by a large venomous snake while playing. According to experts, it was likely a rattlesnake.
The girl was playing with neighbors’ children in the garden of a row house when the snake bitten her foot through the shoe.
The police and fire brigade searched unsuccessfully for the reptile for hours. It could have hidden in a warm house, they said.
The police are investigating suspected negligent bodily harm and are looking for the owner of the escaped animal.
The mayor of Jenstejn near Prague announced on Saturday that the child was being treated in the hospital and was out of danger.