A wet chocolate cake
• 4 egg yolks.
• 1 cup of LA LECHERA® semi-skimmed milk.
• 140g of sugar.
• 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
• 4 tablespoons of NESTLÉ® Pastry cocoa powder.
• 2 cups flour.
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
• 4 egg whites, beaten until stiff.
• 2 cups of Mojada de chocolate LA LECHERA®.
• 1/4 cup of NESTLÉ® Pastry Chocolate.
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until they form a creamy mixture, add the LA LECHERA® semi-skimmed milk, butter and the dry ingredients to the mixture, continue beating for 5 minutes.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff and incorporate them into the mixture in an enveloping way with a paddle and place in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40 to 45 minutes.
3. Once the cake is ready, let it cool and unmold. Place the cake in a deep plate to prevent the liquid from spilling over and bathe the cake with the La LECHERA® Mojada de chocolate.
4. Let stand 10 minutes, meanwhile grate some NESTLÉ® Pastry chocolate and decorate the cake with this. Enjoy.
Tip: We recommend not wetting the entire cake if you are not going to consume it completely immediately. You can wet each piece individually for best results.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Learn how to prepare a crispy puff pastry filled with pastry cream made with our Mojada de Chocolate La Lechera®
For the pastry cream
1 Liter of La Lechera® Chocolate Mojada
5 egg yolks
4 tablespoons cornstarch
For the icing
1 cup of powdered sugar
3 to 5 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon lemon
1/4 cup Nestle® Family Chocolate, melted
1 package of puff pastry ready
1. Prepare the filling: Place the liter of Mojada de Chocolate La Lechera® in a pot, add the egg yolks and cornstarch, dissolve well and turn on the flame over high heat, once boiling low the flame and without stopping moving Let it thicken until you can see the bottom of the pot and the pastry cream acquires a thick and firm consistency. Remove from the pot and cover with kitchen film making contact with the cream, refrigerate the pastry cream until it is completely cold. (15 minutes)
2. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle about 1/2 centimeter wide. Place it on an ungreased baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper and place some beans on top to give it weight and the dough to rise evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the dough from the oven and remove the beans and paper. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes to finish browning. (15 minutes)
3. Cut the edges of the rectangle with a knife and the help of something long like a ruler. Cut the large rectangle into 3 mediums very carefully. Then cut each medium rectangle into 12 small pieces. Reserve the parts. (5 minutes)
4. Take the completely cold pastry cream and place it in a pastry bag, take a portion of dough, fill with the cream, cover with another dough and repeat the cream to finish, cover with another portion of dough. (10 minutes)
5. Prepare the icing, mixing the sifted powdered sugar with the water and lemon juice with a mixer. Beat the mixture on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated and then increase the speed until the icing turns white and creamy. (5 minutes)
6. Cover the last portion of the dough with the white icing, on this make horizontal lines with the Nestle® Family chocolate and with a toothpick make vertical lines forming the classic decorative arrows of this dessert. (15 minutes)
More in New Woman:
Three desserts to enjoy the sweet without remorse
Meet the new delivery platform to bring the best kitchen to your home
This quarantine transform yourself into a chef with our signature recipes