Epidemiological traffic light: Morelos and Guanajuato turned red due to COVID-19, the rest of the country was painted orange

Morelos and Guanajuato returned to red traffic lights due to COVID-19, the rest of the country was painted orange.  EFE / José Pazos
Morelos and Guanajuato returned to red traffic lights due to COVID-19, the rest of the country was painted orange. EFE / José Pazos

The epidemiological traffic light in Mexico, monitoring system for the regulation of the use of public space according to the risk of contagion of COVID-19, showed some setbacks in at least a couple of territories that are in the spot of greatest attention.

At the moment, only a couple of states will remain in green traffic light, that is, the lowest scale of contagion risk in the national epidemiological traffic light: Campeche and Chiapas

It is followed by yellow alert, where it appears Veracruz, a state that reached the green in weeks past, accompanied by Sinaloa, in addition to Tamaulipas.

At Orange the states of Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Michoacán, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Oaxaca, Puebla, Querétaro, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sonora, Tabasco, Tlaxcala, Yucatán and Zacatecas.

Finally, the highest risk of contagion is Mexico City and the State of Mexico from December 18, 2020; followed by Baja California and the newly united states of Morelos and Guanajuato.

According to the official portal of the epidemiological authorities, during the red color they will be allowed only essential economic activities; in the orange, the companies in non-essential economic activities work with 30% of the staff and open public spaces with reduced capacity will be opened.

It is followed by yellow, where all work activities are allowed, open public space is opened on a regular basis, and closed public spaces can be opened with reduced capacity.

Finally, there is the green color, where all activities are allowed, including school activities.

State of Mexico, Mexico City and Baja California continue to be on the highest alert for infections, according to epidemiological authorities (Photo: Cuartoscuro)
State of Mexico, Mexico City and Baja California continue to be on the highest alert for infections, according to epidemiological authorities (Photo: Cuartoscuro)

In Mexico confirmed one million 443 thousand 544 infections accumulated coronavirus until January 3, 2021, but only 58,103 were considered as active; that is, they presented the symptoms of the disease during the last 14 days.

Of the total, 49.60% are women and 50.40% are men. In addition, 19.99% were hospitalized for different levels of severity, while 80.01% were able to continue their recovery from home with all protocols.

Mexico City and the State of Mexico are the entities with the highest number of estimated active cases (with start date of the last 14 days by the positivity index, by entity and epidemiological week). Until this day they are estimated 57,998 infections of this type.

The General Directorate of Epidemilogy also confirmed that 402,008 people are still waiting for their results and they were considered suspected of carrying the SARS-CoV-2 virus. There was also an estimated one million, 90 thousand 905 recovered, as well as one million 816 thousand 687 negative diagnoses.

Morelos and Guanajuato returned to red traffic lights due to COVID-19, the rest of the country was painted orange (Photo: REUTERS / Jose Luis González)
Morelos and Guanajuato returned to red traffic lights due to COVID-19, the rest of the country was painted orange (Photo: REUTERS / Jose Luis González)

Unfortunately 126,851 nationals have also died. 36.57% are women, while the remaining 63.43% are men. On the other hand, it was indicated that 89.71% died in the hospital and 10.29% did so in circumstances outside the hospitals.

Among the people who died, the main comorbidities found were hypertension with 45.82%, diabetes with 38.51%, obesity with 23.30% and lastly, smoking with 7.97%.

Thus, these figures indicate that during the last 24 hours, in the national territory there were added 6,359 new infections and 334 new confirmed deaths.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Coronavirus in Mexico: first Saturday of the year reports 334 deaths and 6,359 new infections

Without a healthy distance, a deputy from Morena boasted her end of the year party in Oaxaca

Without healthy distance or masks, hundreds of people challenged COVID-19 in massive end-of-the-year parties in several states

Leave a Comment