By the time the ‘Mr. Irrelevant ‘is selected with the turn N ° 255, last of the Draft 2021, hundreds of thousands of dollars will have been played in bookmakers around the world
The bets around Draft 2021 de la NFL They have been around for about a month, and will gain strength this week for the first round next Thursday.
These are stressful days for bookmakers. One tweet or mock draft can move the entire market in minutes, and punters almost always know before houses do.
By the time the ‘Mr. Irrelevant ‘is selected with turn # 255 on Saturday, hundreds of thousands of dollars will be at stake in bookmakers around the world.
Betting move for the 2021 NFL Draft
• The quarterback of Clemson, Trevor Lawrence it is -10,000 to go No. 1 overall. In Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill, 86 percent of the money wagered on the odds to go 1st overall is with Lawrence. When asked why they stayed at -10,000 for Lawrence To go No. 1 global, a William Hill spokesperson responded, “It’s the highest we feel comfortable with.”
• Some bettors at DraftKings believe there is a chance of surprise at No. 1. DraftKings reported receiving a $ 500 bet for the quarterback to Ohio State, Justin Fields, he was No. 1 with odds of 11-1.
• Until last Sunday at PointsBet, there were more bets in favor of Fields to go 1 ° overall than in favor of Lawrence. Fields is at 35-1 to go No. 1. It is common for bettors to run away at a high price – say, -10,000 in favor of Lawrence– instead of better payments.
• El quarterback Zach Wilson from BYU is at around -5,000 as a favorite to be selected with the No. 2 turn, in the hands of the New York Jets.
• The most popular bet among William Hill bettors is on turn # 3. As of Sunday afternoon, the quarterback of Alabama, Mac Jones, was a -170 favorite to go third, followed by Fields (+260) and the pin North Dakota State, Trey Lance (+300).
• The odds around the third pick have drawn the most money on DraftKings and PointsBet, too. The over / under for the draft position of Fields (4.5) is the second most popular bet on DraftKings.
• The sportsbook at The Borgata, in Atlantic City, reported taking a $ 10,000 bet in favor of Jones to become the third overall pick in the draft, with a line of -200.
• Circa Sports in Las Vegas posted a draft position over / under of about 100 players. The three biggest moves so far:
– The quarterback of Texas A&M, Kellen Mond, it opened at 170.5 and is now at 84.5.
– The quarterback of Stanford, Davis Mills, it opened at 145 and is now at 65.5.
– The offensive lineman of Wisconsin–Whitewater, Quinn Meinerz, opened at 122.5 and is now at 66.5
• The risk manager of Circa Sports, Chris Bennett, compared the total bet on this draft in his book to how much is bet on the regular season win totals of NFL.
• Compared to other betting markets, the NFL It’s not massive, according to the houses, but it grows and has proven to be profitable for proven bettors over the years. The draft has also been so expensive for some houses that some sites like the SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas wait until draft week to post most of their offer.
• A bet that combines the two stellar wide receivers of Alabama —Devonta Smith Y Jaylen Waddle– attracted the most attention at Nevada’s Station Casinos. Smith, winner of Trofeo Heisman, opened as a favorite to leave before Waddle. Bettors quickly jumped in favor of Waddle, who is now a -170 favorite to be selected ahead of Smith.
• The over / under for the runner Clemson, Travis Etienne, opened at 36.5 on DraftKings, and moved to 33.5.
• The probabilities of Ja’Marr Chase from being the first wide receiver selected they have moved from -150 to -1,000 in DraftKings.
• The over / under regarding the number of players in the SEC chosen in the first round is 12.5 (-180 under); ACC 5.5 (-159 under); Big Ten 6.5 (-125 under).
• The over / under in total runners chosen in the first round opened at 0.5 +155 in DraftKings. As of Sunday afternoon, it had settled at 1.5 -345 over.
• The over / under in the number of quarterbacks selected in the first round opened at 5.5 -500 under on PointsBet. The price to bet on the under has increased to -667.