After the huge landslide in Ask, Norway, the rescue workers found more bodies. Several people are still missing, the search for survivors continues.
The number of confirmed deaths from the violent landslide in Norway has now risen to five. Four days after the accident, the rescue workers found a fifth person dead on Sunday morning. Work is now being done to get the body out of the disaster area, the police said. She did not provide any information on the age and gender of the victim. So far, only the identity of the first dead body discovered is known, which the forces found on New Year’s Day: It was a 31-year-old man.
The landslide occurred early Wednesday morning in Ask in the municipality of Gjerdrum, around 40 kilometers northeast of Oslo. At least ten people suffered injuries and nine houses collapsed as a result of their departure. Around 1,000 people were brought to safety. Several people are still missing, including women, men and two girls aged two and 13. The search for them should continue on Sunday as well.
On New Year’s Day, the emergency services found a first dead person in the disaster area. The police said on Saturday evening that it was a 31-year-old man.