Given the need to care for people suffering from coronavirus disease, Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, head of government of Mexico City, announced that her administration signed an agreement with an oxygen supply company.
During the press conference on Monday, the official announced that the strategy is similar to that of the Mexican Institute of Social Security, since the chemical compound will be provided to people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus who do not require hospitalization.
The firm in charge of its distribution will place it at the home of the patient who has contacted 911 or who, through the triages of the Ministry of Health (SSa), are notified of their infection.
The other axis is for those who have left early from the hospital and that your recovery at home is possible.
“They are around 25 or daily tanks, in addition to the IMSS that is doing them not only for insurance affiliates, but also for the General population, with this agreement that we have of attention.
It will increase The company told us that it will be able to continue increasing in the coming weeks, so that we can supply free oxygen to homes.
And we have also talked with them about the price issue, that oxygen prices do not increase and that may have greater availability for those who they can hire it by their own means”, Explained the capital’s president.
For its part, the Institute directed by Zoé Robledo established the following Requirements to access an oxygen tank:
* Have a national health card in original and copy.
* Valid official identification.
* Medical notes and pre-registration 4-30-128 / 72.
* Reference-counter-reference 4-30-8 / 98.
* The beneficiary must be in force or within the period of conservation of rights, that is, within the following eight weeks after not making contributions to the IMSS.
It should be noted that the procedure must be carried out in person at the corresponding Family Medicine Unit, from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in units with a morning shift and from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in units with a morning and evening shift.
* According to the IMSS, to receive the oxygen supply it will be important that the interested party go to your appointment on the established day and time or request home health care to get a prescription filled and avoid suspension of service by the provider.
* The recipe must have the following annotations:
-Date of start and end of use.
-Flow speed (liters per minute).
-Frequency (continuous or intermittent).
-If it is temporary or permanent.
-Appointment for the next endowment.
* Finally, the family doctor or medical office assistant will have to be reported in case of: discharge from treatment, admission to a hospital medical unit, change of address, as well as death of the patient.
Until this Sunday, December 27, they were counted 1,383,434 accumulated positive cases and 122,426 deaths from COVID-19 in Mexico.
Meanwhile, 1,740,187 negative infections were reported, 399,138 total suspects and 3,522,759 people studied since viral transmission began in the country.
Regarding the distribution by sex in confirmed cases, a predominance in men (51%) has been observed. The overall median age is 43 years.
On the other hand, Mexico City, with 314,260 accumulated infections, is positioned at the head in the list by residence entity. They follow: Mexico state, with 141,115; New Lion, with 80,743; Guanajuato, with 80,583; Jalisco, with 50,529; Sonora, with 50,345; Coahuila, with 48,364; Puebla, with 45,763; Tabasco, with 43,325; and Veracruz, with 42,443.
These states make up about two-thirds (65%) of all cases registered in the country since the viral transmission began.
Further, It is estimated that 1,564,284 people have been infected with the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Likewise, it is relevant that 1,038,766 patients have been discharged.
IMSS: How to Request a Free Oxygen Tank Amid the COVID-19 Crisis
CDMX: excess mortality is already 42%
“Minor effects”: SSa said 24 people had some kind of reaction after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine