Press "Enter" to skip to content

Attorney General’s Office will promote criminal actions against former officials appointed by Emilio Lozoya

The Office of the Attorney General of the Republic (FGR) announced this Wednesday that it will prosecute next week the complaint that Emilio Lozoya, former director of Pemex, filed against former federal officials, including former finance minister Luis Videgaray, for the Odebrecht case.

“Next week will be prosecuted against who or who already have sufficient evidence, leaving the corresponding breakdown until culminating with the analysis of each of the reported cases,” he said in an information card.

Said complaint was presented by Lozoya as part of the process he is following to become a collaborating witness for the Attorney General’s Office and, with this, avoid going to jail, as has happened so far, for the aforementioned case.

In said complaint filed on August 11, 2020, Lozoya accuses Luis Videgaray and other former federal officials, as well as former legislators, of a series of crimes.

In addition to Videgaray, he accused senators Ernesto Cordero, Francisco Domínguez, Jorge Luis Lavalle, Francisco García Cabeza de Vaca and Salvador Vega; so I know Ricardo Anaya.

These people were accused of operations with resources of illicit origin, illicit enrichment, electoral crimes, bribery, criminal association, among others.

The Attorney General’s Office recalled that based on complaints filed by Pemex, on January 27, 2017 (Odebrecht) and March 7, 2019 (Agronitrogenados), the respective investigation folders were initiated, in which a warrant was obtained for apprehension; With the red card from Interpol and the support of the Spanish National Police, Emilio Lozoya was captured in Spain.

He said that that is why the extradition procedure was carried out, achieving a favorable agreement, in all its instances, by the Spanish judicial authorities.

“In these circumstances, Emilio himself agreed to the extradition procedure, requesting a criterion of opportunity in the corresponding criminal procedure,” he said.

He said that on July 28 and 29, 2020, the Control Judge of the North Prison subjected Lozoya to the process, pointing out as precautionary measures, the placement of an electronic bracelet, his periodic signature before the Court and the prohibition to leave the country, taking away his passport.

He added that said Court, to date, has not reported that the person has violated the measures imposed by the judicial authority.

“Said criminal procedure has been carried out under the terms indicated by the judicial authority,” he stated.

He explained that the intermediate hearing will be set by the Judge once the term of the complementary investigation expires (March 7, 2021), which will be pending, according to the emergency rules established by the Federal Judicial Power.

You may also like:

Lozoya’s sister protects herself against an arrest warrant against her

This is what you should know about the Ancira case

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *