Amid rising coronavirus cases, 2 million people traveled for the New Year

Mar del Plata in its first summer of coronavirus
Mar del Plata in its first summer of coronavirus

According to information released today by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports of the Nation, more than 1,600,000 people have already completed the “Summer Certificate” and enjoyed the long New Year’s weekend. The figure, added the portfolio that heads Matias Lammens, “Exceeds 2,000,000 tourists adding the provinces that do not require such Certificate.”

The ministry noted that Buenos Aires destinations such as the Partido de la Costa, Mar del Plata, Villa Gesell, Pinamar, Monte Hermoso and Miramar were the ones with the highest tourist flow, but that there was also an intense movement in Bariloche, San Martín de los Andes, Villa Carlos Paz, Salta, Villa La Angostura, San Rafael and Gualeguaychú.

By province

The most crowded provinces during the long weekend, the government statement said, were Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Entre Ríos, Neuquén, Río Negro, Mendoza and Salta. According to official information, just over 1,540,000 people have carried out tourist movements so far.

“After a very complex year that put us to the test as a society, it is really auspicious for the tourism sector and for regional economies to see these occupancy levels throughout the country again. We are optimistic but we must not relax: it is essential that we continue to take care of ourselves and we make this request especially to young people who travel during the season “, said Lammens, who put great hopes in the vaccination campaign initiated by the government. “The vaccine gives us great hope for this year that begins but we cannot lower our guard, the fight against the pandemic has not ended,” said the official.

The tourist influx in Córdoba, the second province that attracted the most tourism, was especially noted in Villa Carlos Paz.  Here, an image of the night of December 31
The tourist influx in Córdoba, the second province that attracted the most tourism, was especially noted in Villa Carlos Paz. Here, an image of the night of December 31

The data

According to the data provided, 52.9% of the movement (815,436 people) occurred in the province of Buenos Aires, mainly in Mar del Plata, Villa Gesell, Pinamar, Monte Hermoso, Mar del Tuyú and San Bernardo, in that order. The next city with the greatest tourist influx was Bariloche, in Río Negro, followed by four other Buenos Aires towns: Santa Teresita, San Clemente del Tuyú, Miramar and Mar de Ajó. It was only later that another southern destination appeared, San Martín de los Andes.

The second province in tourist movement is Córdoba (161,551 tourists), with 10.5% of the total, thanks mainly to the attractiveness of Villa Carlos Paz. The third is Entre Ríos, with 5.7% of the movement (87,621 people), thanks mainly to income from Gualeguaychú. And the fourth is Neuquén, which so far absorbed 5.1% of the movement (77,705 people), mainly in favor of the attractiveness of San Martín de los Andes and Villa la Angostura.

From the Tourism portfolio they pointed out that after adopting “the political decision to have a summer season, the Interministerial Council was formed for the progressive and responsible opening of tourism, which defined the launch of Modular Health Centers, the deployment of the DetectAr plan and the presence of tourist promoters in tourist centers, among other measures ”. On the Verano Web (argentina.gob.ar/verano) you can access the requirements to enter all the provinces and complete the Summer Certificate, a record that allows destinations to be prepared to receive tourists.

I kept reading:

Price war: In the private neighborhoods the supply of vacation homes is exhausted, and on the coast there is 70% vacancy

The fate of unused pesos: what the experts advise for the first months of the new year

Leave a Comment