Alberto Fernández: “In the Nisman case, I am convinced that it was a suicide”

The change of position of Alberto Fernández on the death of Nisman that he exposed in the documentary
The change of position of Alberto Fernández on the death of Nisman that he exposed in the documentary

President Alberto Fernández confirmed on Thursday that the death of prosecutor Alberto Nisman was not a crime, but a suicide, a position that he had already made public after the documentary was released. “Nisman: the prosecutor, the president and the spy”, on the Netflix platform.

Less than a month after 6 years have passed since the death of the prosecutor, the president returned to comment on the case and assured that as happened with the death of Juan Duarte, this time “Justice is changing according to the political moment ”.

As Justice changes according to the political moment, there comes a moment where one does not know who to believe, the common citizen does not know who to believe. In the Nisman case, I am convinced that it was suicide; after doubting it a lot huh, I’m not going to lie, after doubting it a lot”, Assured Fernández in an extensive interview in Radio 10.

January 18 marks the 6th anniversary of the death of the prosecutor investigating Cristina Kirchner
January 18 marks the 6th anniversary of the death of the prosecutor investigating Cristina Kirchner

The British documentary Justin Webster analyzes the death of the then prosecutor in charge of the AMIA Unit, which occurred on January 18, 2015. Days before, he had denounced the then-president Cristina Kirchner for an alleged pact with Iran to negotiate impunity in the case investigating the attack on the Jewish mutual.

In that documentary, Fernández assured that “to this day, I doubt that he has committed suicide.” At the beginning of the year, the president referred to those words and clarified his position. “Until today, the accumulated evidence does not give rise to think that there was a murder,” he had said. Today he reaffirmed that position.

During the interview, Fernández also denounced that there are media outlets that have “political operators” in the courts. “I don’t want to tell these things to put people in jail, I want to tell them so that they stop happening”, he assured.

Keep reading:

Alberto acknowledged that the expropriation of Vicentin was a mistake and that he would like to have Lavagna in his cabinet

Coronavirus: Alberto Fernández said that he is evaluating instructing the security forces to “dispel people and prevent crowds”

Leave a Comment