If you want to take advantage of the spring to sit in front of the computer, escape the pollen and learn something new, in the large online education platforms they offer you thousands of options to study on almost any subject.
In Genbeta we have dug a bit among some of those catalogs and we have compiled 31 free courses that you can start in April, which are completely in Spanish, which in many cases you can complete at your own pace and which are dictated by prestigious educational institutions around the world.
Important: all courses are free, either open enrollment or through an audit mode. You must register with an account on the corresponding platform, and only the certification has a monetary cost.
- Python: learning to program: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia that starts from scratch to learn to program with Python, dealing with the fundamentals of programming such as variables and constants, conditions, loops and modules and functions, to finish introducing the treatment of text strings and files.
- Introduction to object-oriented programming in Java: a course at Universidad de los Andes in which you will learn the basic concepts of object-oriented programming and implement them in the Java language, to use and implement iterative algorithms, build graphical user interfaces, and plus.
- Introduction to video game development with Unity: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to develop multiplatform video games knowing the Unity interface, what are the fundamental elements of the engine, and to develop your first games.
- Android: Introduction to Programming: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to develop an example application (My Favorite Places), which allows us to store photography, geographical position, valuation and other data of the places we like the most .
- Introduction to Software Engineering: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid in which you will learn about the different phases of development that a computer project goes through, as well as the management activities necessary to achieve the successful completion of the project.
- Programming with Java for Android applications: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn what is necessary to build your mobile applications in a simple way, and you will practice object-oriented programming.
- Schedule! An introduction to programming: a course from the University of Edinburgh and the ORT Uruguay University in which you will learn to program using Scratch, a very easy-to-use visual programming language, and you will also learn the fundamental principles of computing so that you begin to think like a software engineer.
- Video game design: a course at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in which you will obtain the knowledge and guidelines on how to design a video game.
- Introduction to R: a course from the Anáhuac University Network in which you will learn the basics of programming in R with a practical approach. R is one of the most widely used languages in data analysis, data science, and artificial intelligence.
- Introduction to Data Science with Python: a course from the Anahuac University Network in which you will learn the general concepts of data science using the Python programming language. You will be able to collect content on the web, clean the data and prepare it for viewing and management.
- Machine learning and data science: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to value and extract knowledge from data, using generic data analysis techniques and tools, and machine learning in particular.
- Evolutionary Computation: A course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn about computation and evolutionary algorithms, which apply the theory of natural evolution and genetics in the evolutionary adaptation of computational structures, providing an alternative means to attack complex problems in various areas, such as engineering, economics, chemistry, medicine, and even the arts.
- Big Data: data acquisition and storage: a course from the Autonomous University of Barcelona in which you will learn the principles to understand the terminology, basic concepts and most important tools to solve data analysis problems by focusing on the problems and the applications.
- Introduction to Data Analysis – An IBM course that provides an introduction to the concepts of data analysis, the role of a Data Analyst, and the tools used to perform daily functions.
- The Data Science Method – An IBM course where you will learn about the methodology, practices, and requirements behind data science to better understand how to solve problems with data and ensure that data is relevant and properly manipulated to address a variety of real-world organizational projects and scenarios.
- Introduction to Data Science: Statistical Programming with R: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will obtain the basics of the statistical programming language R, the lingua franca of statistics, which will allow you to write programs that read, manipulate and analyze quantitative data.
- Analysis of Experimental Data: Basic Utilities: a course at the Polytechnic University of Madrid in which the basic ideas of the elementary treatment of experimental data and measurements are presented, within the parameters of science, technology and engineering, with application to many of the fields and to daily life.
- Introduction to Data Mining: a course from the Pontifical Catholic University of Chine in which you will gradually and practically learn the basic concepts of Data Mining, along with the algorithms most used today.
- Applied SQL in Data Science – An IBM course in which you will learn how to use and apply the powerful SQL language to better communicate and extract data from databases.
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networks – A Google course that provides a complete overview of computer networks. It covers everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud, practical applications, and network troubleshooting.
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User – A Google course in which through a combination of video lectures, demos, and labs, you will learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks such as administering software and users, and configure hardware.
- IT Infrastructure Systems and Services Management – A Google course in which you will learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, large and small, running.
- Object detection: a course at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in which you will learn the basic principles of any automatic system for the detection and recognition of objects in images.
- The Blockchain Disruption: a course at the Austral University in which you will be offered a broad theoretical and practical overview of the impact of blockchain in the legal, technological, economic and social fields.
- Artificial Reasoning: A course from the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will receive an introduction to both logic and probability theory, covering three logics and three probabilistic graphical models.
- Fundamentals of the Internet of Things (IoT): Security I: a course from Galileo University in which you will learn the importance of security in IoT devices, their most common vulnerabilities and threats, as well as the security models to mitigate them.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Main Algorithms – A Galileo University course in which you will learn how the artificial intelligence algorithms that make chatbos, autonomous cars, voice recognition, and more work, work.
- Technical Support Basics – A Google course that prepares you for a role as an entry-level IT support specialist. You will learn about the different facets of information technology such as computer hardware and software, the Internet, troubleshooting, and customer service.
- Computer Security: Defending Against the Digital Dark Arts – A Google course in which you will learn about a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices.
- Problem solving by search: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn to abstract a problem as a state-action graph and to dimension its complexity through the identification of parameters.